Ok, I understand
Cookie Notice: This site uses cookies. For more information, please see our privacy policy.

Lordsfield Swimming Club

Securing pool's future

**POOL UPDATE - NO OPENING UNDER A LEASE 2018**

I'm sorry to report that despite our very best efforts to conclude negotiations and sign a lease on the pool, we have not yet been able to do so in order to get the pool open this season. We have been trying to get the pool open for at least a short time this year. Negotiations are still on-going for a 25 year lease but we are not going to be in a position to open the pool under a lease this year. As such, the trustees have decided to write off this season and work to ensure all is ready to open for a full season in 2019. The outstanding issue we are currently trying to resolve is the school's use of the pool under our lease. The school's FREE use of the pool for curriculum swimming has been written in to the lease by the county council and our legal advice is that, as sole tenant, the club will need to grant the school a separate license to allow it to use the pool. We are currently trying to agree on terms of the license. Once this is sorted, we can sign the lease and responsibility for the pool will pass to the club.

I have asked Hampshire County Council if there is any way we can open the pool to the community next weekend (8/9 September) under a licence so we can enjoy the pool at least once this year and our volunteers can put their training in to practice - I await an answer. I'll keep you posted. I'd like to thank all our trustees and advisors for their time and energies persisting in trying to get the pool's future secured, and our pool plant team for working hard during this year to improve the pool and keeping it ready for action. Watch this space - more news soon! 

Lauren McCann (on behalf of LSC trustees)

Public meeting about the pool's future - Sunday 29 April, 3pm at St Mary's Hall Public meeting about the pool's future - Sunday 29 April, 3pm at St Mary's Hall

DO YOU WANT OVERTON TO KEEP IT’S SWIMMING POOL?

YES?

THEN WE NEED TO KNOW - WE NEED YOUR HELP & WE NEED YOU TO COME TO THE

PUBLIC MEETING ON SUN 29 APRIL, 3pm

We, the trustees of Lordsfield Swimming Club, have been working hard to negotiate with Hampshire County Council to take on the lease of the outdoor pool and we’re preparing to try to run it independently (following the school’s decision to withdraw from the partnership).

To succeed, it’s going to cost a lot of money and require a lot of help from the community. We need to know that we have the backing of the village and enough volunteers who are committed to helping (financially and physically) before we proceed, sign a lease and commit ourselves.

The volunteer form (below) shows all the types of help we need.

Without commitment from enough local people, we can’t run the pool sustainably and keep it going for our community.

If you want to keep our fabulous pool going and can help in any way, it’s VITAL that you come to the

PUBLIC MEETING

on Sunday 29 April, 3pm at St Mary’s Hall - with your volunteer form.

*A flyer / volunteer form is being posted to every house in the parish so look out for yours!*

If you want to keep the pool going and can help but really can’t attend, please let us know by completing the volunteer form and dropping it in to Overton Pharmacy ASAP (by 5pm on Friday 27 April at the latest).

*If we don’t get enough interest or support, the pool will close & be lost*

Queries? Email: enquiries@overtonswim.org.uk or call Lauren - 242117

**SAVE OUR POOL – COME TO THE MEETING!**

Overton Pool - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs - ideally to be read before the public meeting)

Pool FAQs Swimming-Pool--FAQs-(September-2017).pdf 402.1 KB